Monday, June 28, 2010

hello

So sorry about the lack of posts over the last three weeks, its been assessment after assessment after assessment! golly gosh! but its holidays now and I so glad its over...for now. I do love my course, but its nice to have a break.

I've done a lot since I last did a proper post, the photo shoot went well (apart from a late change of location) and i should get the photos soon. Finished my studio piece (will do a proper shoot later) and textiles and design and blahblablah. also fitted in some parties and drank maybe a gallon coffee. ho hum.


I brought Gorlliaz new album, Plastic Beach, and its been on repeat for a couple of days now.

Its hard to top previous album Demon Days, but Plastic Beach comes pretty close. Its more mellow and relaxed, but there is some amazing colabs with Snoop Dogg, Gruff Rhys, Bobby Womack, Mos Def, Lou Reed(!), Mick Jones, Mark E. Smith, Paul Simonon, Kano, and the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. 'Rhinestone Eyes' is my favorite track right now, that and 'On Melancholy Hill'. I will put some of the songs on the new playlist.





In other news:




I GOT THEM!!! :D

...but now i am quite broke, but my feet are amazing. I walked into Subway DC and saw them sitting there quietly, and I went crazy and made the sales lady find me the right size. I kept talking really fast and confusing her, and like 45 seconds later I was out of the shop, in a daze with a big shopping bag, and a injured bank balance. non-the-less, do i regret it? no. They are the most wonderful thing I think I have ever brought. 

They are also, surprisingly, really comfortable and fun to walk in. AND they smell like bubblegum.



 I'm thinking of going to Melbourne for my next holidays in September, as a Exhibit of over 700 hundred works by Tim Burton (in case you have been living under a rock he is creative genius behind Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and blockbusters such as Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Batman Returns, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice in Wonderland).

It includes paintings, drawings, puppets, costumes, storyboards and film. Its already started, but I don't have enough money to go over now (thanks a lot wonderful shoes). Its on at ACMI fromThursday 24 June - Sunday 10 October, so if you live in Melbourne get your butt down there!!

Here is an interview with Burton talking about this exhibit, his life, his influences and his battle with depression [Link]


Anyway, it's very late now (1:51 am in perth)
and I need some sleep, so
nighty-night,
Mika xox






 

No comments:

Post a Comment